We’re just a few weeks out from goose season up in Saskatchewan, and this recipe would be an excellent way to enjoy a fresh wild goose breast! If you haven’t booked your goose hunt for the season yet, call today so you don’t miss out!
Originally posted on allrecipes.com
Wild Goose Breasts with Orange Glaze
- 4 wild goose breasts
- salt to taste
- 1 dash dry vermouth (optional)
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Rinse the breasts in cold water, and place in baking dish. Splash with vermouth, then season with salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine orange zest, orange juice, lemon juice, brown sugar, garlic and soy sauce. Season with mustard and caraway. Pour glaze over breasts in baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until no longer pink and juices run clear. Baste at least twice during baking.