Muskox hunting on Cambridge Island, Canada
Or Call: 1-800-346-8747
Spring Victoria Island, Canada - Greenland Musk Ox Species
Rigorous spring musk ox hunt under true Arctic conditions. Cambridge Bay on Victoria Island bills itself as the musk ox capital of the world. With a population of 30,000 of these ice age mammals, our outfitter has produced a perfect success rate with rifle and bow hunters. Accommodations are simple heated plywood cabins located from less than 1 hour to 4 hours away by snowmobile drive from village.
Temperature: 10 to -30 F.
Five of the top ten trophies of the Greenland musk ox as listed in the SCI Record Book were taken with this outfitter. Virtually all of the trophy animals taken by bow hunters would qualify for the Pope and Young record book and certainly the SCI record book. Accessing the hunting areas is by snowmobile pulling an Inuit style sled called a kamotik. Travel by snowmobile allows the guide and client to cover a tremendous amount of area.
" The great hosts, culture and land make this a must do hunting adventure. The hunting itself is simply incredible and for a very unique species. No trophy room is complete without a musk ox" Frank Cole - WTA Senior Consultant
$8,450 - 5 days 1X1 guided hunt (includes travel to and return from camp)
$3,950 - Non-hunting observer.
Wolf trophy fee - $3,250 - Add an Arctic Wolf as an incidental species based on a trophy fee only. Hunting an Arctic Wolf as an incidental species can be added to your muskox package. If requested, it must be pre-arranged and pre-paid, however, if a wolf is NOT harvested, you will be refunded the full amount less your license and tag fees.
• March 16 to March 23
• March 23 to March 30
• March 30 to April 06
• April 06 to April 13
All dates include fly days and are tentative as well as subject to final airline flight schedules.
Similar dates available in spring 2018
Accommodations vary throughout the hunt. The following types of accommodations are used at different times.
- Arctic cabins
- Arctic Tents
• Transportation from Cambridge Bay to the hunting area by snowmobile.
• Services of a licensed guide with a snowmobile, including all gas and oil.
• Food and camping gear required during the hunt.
• Accommodation in a basic plywood cabin during the hunt with a tent used only as a
• Rough skinning of the harvested animal.
• All travel arrangements from the client's home to the commercial airport of the Arctic
community including meals and hotel rooms. Hotel rooms in some communities (first and last
night) are to be pre-paid.
• Hunting license and tag fees.
• Gratuities to guides.
• Canadian Firearms Import License at a cost of $25 CAD issued by Canada Customs upon
• General Administration Fee of $150 USD.
• Arctic Flight Booking Fee of $170 USD (includes a one-time itinerary change).
• Arctic Wildlife Research Fund of $250 USD.
• Sleeping bag, personal clothing and toiletries.
• Archery equipment, guns and ammunition.
• Excess airline baggage fees.
• Packing and shipping of the trophy; taxidermy fees.
• Cancellation and trip interruption insurance.
• Visitor to Canada Health or Medical Emergency Insurance.
• Federal and Provincial Government sales taxes wherever applicable.
• Hotel and meals in Edmonton or the Inuit community before and after the hunt.
• Any additional hotel costs and meals due to delays caused by flight cancellations or delays
due to any reason in surface transfers to camps by snowmobile or any other conveyance that
are beyond the control of Canada North Outfitting and its associates.
• Bank wire fees - A one-time fee of $40 USD will be applied to your invoice at time of booking
if this method of payment is selected.
• Rental of down filled parkas and bib overalls available in Cambridge Bay for $200 USD.
Day 1 - Fly to Edmonton, Alberta and overnight
Day 2 - Fly to Cambridge Bay, met by outfitter and transferred to hotel
Day 3 - Depart Cambridge Bay for hunt
Day 4-7 - Hunt
Day 8 - Hunt and return to Cambridge Bay and overnight
Day 9 - Depart Cambridge Bay for Edmonton and overnight
Day 10 - Depart Edmonton for home
Approximate License & Tag(s) Cost
Hunting License $63.00
Muskox Tag $577.50
Arctic Wolf Tag $178.50
The license and tag fees for this specific hunt package will be added to your invoice.
Nunavut wildlife export permits are free and issued once the harvested animal is inspected
and registered by the local wildlife conservation officer. Government fees are subject to
change without notice.
Physical Requirement Level
Level 2 - These hunts are mostly conducted on private ranches. Species include mule deer, elk, antelope; additionally, some caribou and African plains game hunts. Moderate to light hiking each day in semi-mountainous terrain.