- Very limited permits and difficult draw odds, however if you are trying to draw a Desert bighorn we recommend you apply in all states that offer tags.
- Successful applicants will need to purchase a $315 general Texas hunting license.
- You must carry a hunter safety card in the field if you were born on September 2, 1971.
- You must be 17 years of age or older to apply for this tag.
- Texas has a bonus point system in place. This basically means you will receive one extra chance for each year you have applied but were unsuccessful.
- You can draw the very first year you apply for a Desert bighorn in Texas.
- Texas does not offer a "Point Only" option where you can buld a point for that year but have zero chance of drawing.
- Hunt will be conducted on a Wildlife Management Area (WMA). Ram quality is excellent. If you draw this permit you must be guided by the Texas Parks and Wildlife. This is basically a fully guided, 5 day hunt for no charge.
- TAGS Application Deadline: Dec 20, 2017
- State Deadline: Dec 27, 2017
See more TAGS trips
- Texas Species
- State Tag Fee
- Total Due to WTA TAGS to Apply
- Desert Bighorn