- If you are applying in California, you must purchase a $163.65 nonrefundable hunting license each year.
- California has a modified preference point system in place. You will attain one preference point for every year you apply and are unsuccessful.
- For a nonresident to apply in California, he or she must submit proof of having completed a hunter safety course, or possess a current or previous hunting license from another state or province.
- You must be at least 12 years of age to apply for a Desert bighorn tag in California.
- TAGS Application Deadline: May 23, 2018
- State Deadline: June 2, 2018
See more TAGS trips
- California Species
- State Tag Fee
- Total Due to WTA TAGS to Apply
- Desert Bighorn
- Mule Deer
- Blacktail Deer