Draw Required

Wyoming Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep Hunt

Outfitter #251
from 
$8,500
Location:
Wyoming
Method:
Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader, Crossbow
Dates:

Sept.-Oct.

Wyoming continues to offer more Rocky Mountain bighorn sheep licenses than any other state. The bulk of the sheep inhabit the northwestern portion of the state. This area, around Yellowstone Park, consists of vast expanses of pristine wilderness that can only be accessed by horseback. Hunters here can expect to stay in wall-tent or spike camps during the course of their hunt.

If you are successful in drawing a sheep tag in Wyoming, regardless of the unit, a high quality hunt is to be expected. These sheep herds are intensely micro managed to ensure mature rams are present to hunt. Every unit in the state is capable of producing a 170+ ram with a couple of sheep going over 180 being harvested every year.

Wyoming issues 75% of it’s non-resident bighorn tags to applicants with max points. If you are sitting at or near max point status – call us – as we can offer immediate assistance in drawing a tag and recommending a reputable outfitter. Wyoming then issues the remaining 25% of its non-resident bighorn tags through a random draw. This means you can draw a Wyoming bighorn license the first year you apply. Licenses can also be purchased at auction. If you purchase a license at auction it will typically qualify as a tax deductible charity contribution.

For Wyoming bighorn sheep application assistance or questions please reach out to WTA TAGS: (800)-755-8247 or by email[email protected]

Read more about the trip

Pricing Details

Fully guided hunt cost is dependent on area drawn but will range from $8,500-$12,500

License & Tag(s) Cost (approximate)

$2,250

Accommodations

Accommodations will range from tent camps to lodge based accommodations depending on tag drawn.

Hunt Style

Physical Level:

Easy: Somewhat easy walking when it comes to physicality. Minimal walking or hiking and terrain is very accessible. Mostly hunting from blinds or tree stands.

Moderate: Physicality is somewhat moderate to advanced. Spot and stalk method of hunting as well as some hunting from blinds. Terrain can vary from prairies to mountains at higher elevations.

Difficult: Requires an advanced degree of physical endurance. Terrain is typically more mountainous and hunting can take place at higher elevation.

Extreme: Most difficult and physically demanding hunts. Requires advanced to extreme endurance and terrain or game pursued may involve dangerous situations.

Difficult
APPROACH:
Spot and Stalk

Trip Requirements

All participants must read rules and regulations pertaining to method of take and be within the state/country’s guidelines. WTA is not responsible for failure to meet any state/country requirements.
wta-logo-horz-white
Find the outdoor adventure of a lifetime.

Our Location

Office Hours

Phone
Fax

PO Box 335
Sidney, NE 69162

Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm MST

Worldwide Trophy Adventures © 2020
   |   Terms & Conditions   |   Privacy

Request Info

Wyoming Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep Hunt

Get trip specials
delivered to your inbox.

No spam. Just the good stuff. Opt-out anytime.