Official Sweepstakes Rules
WORLDWIDE TROPHY ADVENTURES
1. INTRODUCTION. While some sweepstakes may be designed to promote membership, that is not the case with these sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”). Membership is not a condition or requirement to participation in these Sweepstakes, nor will membership improve your chances of winning. One need not be a member to participate. This document also describes a customer loyalty program. Again, participation in this customer loyalty program is not a requirement to participate in the Sweepstakes, nor will participation in the loyalty program necessarily increase your chances of winning. As explained further below, one need not participate in the customer loyalty program to participate in the Sweepstakes.
2. BINDING RULES. Sponsor will conduct the Sweepstakes substantially as described in these Official Sweepstakes Rules (the “Rules”). Your submission of an entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes your agreement to be bound by these Rules, as interpreted by Sponsor in its sole discretion. A failure to comply with these Rules will disqualify your participation in the Sweepstakes and void any entries submitted by you. These Sweepstakes are void where prohibited by law.
3. PRIZES. A description of each prize (“Prize”) and its approximate retail value (“ARV”) is attached to and made a part of these Rules. Such information is also available on Sponsor’s website at www.worldwidetrophyadventures.com. The depiction of the Prizes in any advertising or promotional materials may not reflect the actual Prizes delivered to the winners. All prizes are awarded on an “as is” basis without any representations or warranties other than those expressly set forth herein. Sponsor may, at its discretion, substitute a Prize of equal or greater value.
4. SPONSOR. Worldwide Trophy Adventures, LLC, PO Box 335, Sidney, NE 69162, is the sponsor of these Sweepstakes (“Sponsor”).
5. ELIGIBILITY. Only individuals who are 21 years of age or older and who are legal residents of the United States of America and the District of Columbia, but excluding Florida, New York, Rhode Island, and Washington, and also excluding Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories, are eligible to participate in these Sweepstakes. Canadian residents are not eligible to participate. Also excluded from eligibility are any employees, members, managers, and officers of Sponsor and their immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and/or those living in the same household of such individuals. Entrants are required to have a valid hunter safety number and/or valid hunting license. No purchase necessary to participate.
6. CUSTOMER LOYALTY PROGRAM. The Customer Loyalty Program allows you to purchase up to a maximum of ten (10) loyalty tickets per Prize offering at the price of twenty dollars ($20.00) per ticket. Of those 10 tickets, a maximum of ten (10) may be purchased online or a maximum of ten (10) may be purchased by telephone, as described below. You may purchase tickets either online or by telephone, or by both methods. Each ticket purchased entitles you to the value of the ticket in “WTA Bonus Bucks” which can be redeemed on any future trip or TAGS portfolio offered by Sponsor. Thus each ticket purchased buys you a credit of twenty dollars ($20.00) again the cost of a future trip. A maximum of ten (10) tickets can be redeemed per person, per trip. Tickets expire on the last day (December 31st) of the year of purchase. In addition, as a reflection of Sponsor’s gratitude for your loyalty to the company, Sponsor will automatically give you one entry to the Sweepstakes for each ticket purchased. There is no requirement that you purchase loyalty tickets in order to participate in the Sweepstakes (see paragraph 9 below).
7. ONLINE PURCHASE. To participate in the Customer Loyalty Program online, please go to Sponsor’s website at worldwidetrophyadventures.com/sweepstakes-trips, provide the information requested, and indicate your desired payment method. Entries automatically entered in the Sweepstakes for participation in the Customer Loyalty Program in this manner are not valid until your credit card or check is successfully processed. Sponsor is not responsible for technical malfunctions or human error of any kind in processing credit cards or checks. There is no requirement that you purchase loyalty tickets in order to participate in the Sweepstakes (see paragraph 9 below).
8. TELEPHONE PURCHASE. To participate in the Customer Loyalty Program by telephone, please call Sponsor between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. MT, provide the information requested by the customer service representative on the call, and indicate your desired payment method. Entries automatically entered in the Sweepstakes for participation in the Customer Loyalty Program in this manner are not valid until your credit card or check is successfully processed. Sponsor is not responsible for technical malfunctions or human error of any kind in processing credit cards or checks. There is no requirement that you purchase loyalty tickets in order to participate in the Sweepstakes (see paragraph 9 below).
9. MAIL-IN ENTRY. Regardless of whether you have purchased tickets by participating in Sponsor’s Customer Loyalty Program, as described above, you may participate in the Sweepstakes by submitting one or more mail-in entries. No purchase is necessary. To submit a mail-in entry, please follow these instructions. In your own handwriting, submit the following information on an ordinary index card:
your full name,
home telephone number with area code,
hunter education number, and
the name of the Prize
and mail it in a stamped, hand-printed envelope mailed first-class to:
Worldwide Trophy Adventures – Sweepstakes
PO Box 335
Sidney, NE 69162.
Please also indicate the issuing state and state agency telephone number so that the hunter education number can be properly verified. Limit one (1) entry per envelope. Any entries which are incomplete or illegible shall be deemed void and ineligible. Sponsor shall be deemed the owner of all entries and shall have no obligation to verify receipt of, or to return, any entries.
10. MAXIMUM NUMBER OF ENTRIES. You are limited to a maximum of ten (10) entries per Prize offering, regardless of whether the entries are submitted automatically on your behalf by virtue of your participation in the Customer Loyalty Program or are submitted by the mail-in entry method, or by some combination thereof. Because entries for participation in the Customer Loyalty Program are entered automatically on your behalf, any mail-in entries that would cause you to exceed the maximum of 10 entries per Prize will be deemed void and disregarded for purposes of this Sweepstakes.
11. WARNING AGAINST TAMPERING. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER WITH, OR VANDALIZE ANY SPONSOR-OWNED WEBSITE OR MOBILE APPLICATION OR RELATED SOCIAL MEDIA SITE, THE ENTRY PROCESS, OR OTHERWISE INTERFERE WITH OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT THE SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO VOID ANY AND ALL ENTRIES OF ANY ENTRANT WHO SPONSOR BELIEVES HAS ATTEMPTED TO TAMPER WITH OR IMPAIR THE ADMINISTRATION, SECURITY, FAIRNESS, OR PROPER PLAY OF THESE SWEEPSTAKES. IN ADDITION, IF SPONSOR DETERMINES, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, THAT THE INTEGRITY AND SECURITY OF THESE SWEEPSTAKES HAS BEEN COMPROMISED, SPONSOR MAY SUSPEND OR CANCEL THESE SWEEPSTAKES OR MODIFY THE RULES AS IT DEEMS FAIR AND APPROPRIATE UNDER THE CIRCUMSTANCES.
12. ENTRY PERIOD. The entry period for these Sweepstakes is available on Sponsor’s website at worldwidetrophyadventures.com/sweepstakes-trips. Each Prize may commence and end on a different date and time. Entries received by Sponsor outside of the entry period are void. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase does not necessarily increase your chances of winning, as any eligible participant may submit the maximum number of permissible entries through the mail-in method of entry.
13. DRAWING AND AWARD. The potential winner(s) of the Sweepstakes will be selected within ten (10) days of the close of the entry period. A list of these potential winners will be published on www.worldwidetrophyadventures.com. The winner will be awarded one (1) Prize for each drawing. Sponsor will attempt in good faith to award an alternate Prize of equal or greater value where the nature of the Prize would prohibit its award by operation of law. A potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited a Prize if the winner (a) fails to comply with these Rules, (b) is determined to be ineligible by Sponsor, (c) declines to accept the Prize, or (d) cannot be contacted by Sponsor after Sponsor’s reasonable efforts and attempts to do so. In any such case, Sponsor may, in its discretion, award the Prize to an alternate entrant. To qualify as an official winner, and to receive the Prize, a potential winner is required to timely submit to Sponsor all such forms, documents, and information as Sponsor may require, including without limitation confirmation of eligibility, appropriate releases, and pertinent tax documentation. Potential winners may also be required to satisfy any outfitting organization’s safety or other requirements. Official winners will receive written confirmation of the award and be advised on the process for claiming the Prize.
14. ODDS OF WINNING. Your odds of winning the Sweepstakes will depend on the number of eligible entries received by Sponsor. The purchase of a loyalty ticket is not a requirement to participate and does not necessarily improve your chances of winning, as any eligible participant may submit the maximum number of permissible entries through the mail-in method of entry. No purchase is necessary to win.
15. WINNER’S LIST. A list of the official winners can be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to Worldwide Trophy Adventures Sweepstakes – Winners List, PO Box 335, Sidney, NE 69162. Return postage is not required of Vermont residents.
16. TAXES AND EXPENSES. Except as expressly provided in the Prize description, all taxes, fees, costs and expenses associated with the receipt and use of any Prize shall be the sole responsibility of the winners. Such expenses may include travel and transportation costs. Winners will be issued an IRS Form 1099.
17. TRANSFERABILITY OF PRIZES. Prizes are transferable, provided that written notice of such transfer is provided to Sponsor and that Sponsor is provided all such documentation as it may reasonably require in order to implement such a transfer, including without limitation verification of eligibility, signed releases and consents, and a completed IRS Form W-9. Prizes are not redeemable for cash.
18. DISCLAIMER. Sponsor disclaims all liability arising out of or relating to technological or communications errors, failures, or malfunctions associated with the conduct and operation of the Sweepstakes.
19. FORCE MAJEURE. Sponsor shall not be liable or responsible for any failure or delay in fulfilling or performing any term of these Sweepstakes when and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by or results from acts or circumstances beyond the control of Sponsor, and Sponsor’s obligations hereunder shall be suspended during periods in which there exists a force majeure event. A force majeure event is hereby defined as any event beyond the control of Sponsor, including without limitation, acts of God, natural catastrophes, fire, flood, hurricanes, tornados, volcanic activity, earthquakes, explosions, governmental actions, war, invasion or hostilities (whether war is declared or not), insurrections, terrorist threats or acts, riots, or other civil unrest, labor strikes, quarantines, national emergency, epidemics, and viral pandemics. If any such force majeure event shall continue for a period of more than sixty (60) days, Sponsor may, in its sole and absolute discretion, terminate this Sweepstakes without liability to you or any other person participating in the Sweepstakes.
20. RELEASE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE. BY PARTICIPATING IN THESE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU HEREBY AGREE TO FOREVER RELEASE THE RELEASED PARTIES (AS DEFINED BELOW) FROM, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE THE RELEASED PARTIES, FOR ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, CAUSES OF ACTION, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES, INCLUDING COSTS AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THESE SWEEPSTAKES OR FROM THE ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF THE PRIZE. FOR PURPOSES OF THESE RULES, THE “RELEASED PARTIES” SHALL MEAN THE SPONSOR AND ITS MEMBERS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS. YOU HEREBY FURTHER AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT SEEK TO OBTAIN, AND WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO, ANY SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES (OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES) FROM THE RELEASED PARTIES. THIS RELEASE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE SHALL BE CONSTRUED BROADLY AND LIBERALLY IN FAVOR OF AND FOR THE PROTECTION OF THE RELEASED PARTIES.
22. GOVERNING LAW. Any disputes relating to these Sweepstakes or these Rules shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without regard to conflicts of law principles. Your participation in these Sweepstakes shall be deemed as giving consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts located in Michigan.
23. INFORMATION. For a copy of these Rules, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Worldwide Trophy Adventures Sweepstakes – Rules Request, PO Box 335, Sidney, NE 69162.