Draw Required

Kodiak Brown Bear On Afognak Island

Outfitter #129
from 
$30,000
Species:
Location:
Method:
Rifle
Dates:

Spring – April 20-29 (10-day hunt)

 

Afognak is an island in the Kodiak Archipelago and is a world class location to pursue one of the most magnificent creatures to roam the Earth – The Kodiak brown bear!

Afognak, comprised of mountains, grasslands, dense spruce forest, combined with the many lakes and streams feeding into the Pacific is also home to Sitka blacktail, Roosevelt elk and a diverse array of fish, whales and other sea life. For the serious adventurer, there is no better place.

This hunt for trophy brown bear is conducted from a 64-foot yacht with one of the most seasoned and respected captains/outfitters in the business. Also, a large majority of the hunt area consists of native corporation land, further improving the quality of this brown bear hunt.

In conjunction with the big boat, hunts will be conducted by use of 14 – 16 ft. skiffs as you cruise the shorelines glassing the mountain side and the tidal flats until a mature bear is spotted. This is a hunt for some of the largest brown bears in the world. Bears squaring between nine and 10 feet are the target. On a good day, it is not uncommon to glass multiple bears right from the yacht. On a bad day, the yacht is sure nice to have to protect yourself from mother nature. Like any Alaskan adventure this can often be a physical hunt with challenging weather. Mental toughness and physical fitness is required. However, the reward is immense – possibly harvesting the most magnificent specie in North America.

Accommodations are double occupancy, comfortable staterooms making this brown bear hunt a much more comfortable environment than is typical. Furthermore, delicious meals are prepared daily by their seasoned chef – no Mountain House here!

To hunt brown bear on Afognak Island a drawing is required. Drawing odds are typically a little better than 1 in 2. A 25% deposit is required to book. Once drawn, the remaining 75% hunt balance will be required. WTA TAGS will handle the payments and assist you with the application processes. Early booking is essential. Give us a call today at 1-800-755-TAGS(8247) to discuss booking one of the most exciting hunts in North America!

Read more about the trip

Pricing Details

Brown Bear – $30,000 + $1,500 native land use fee + $100 tax

Charter on Island Air from Kodiak City to boat = $1,000 approx. Outfitter will set up charter. pay Island Air directly when at counter.

Observers- $4,500 + $100 tax + charter (If space allows)

License & Tag(s) Cost (approximate)

Tag: $1,000

License: $160

Inclusions

1x1 guided, Double Occupancy Accommodations, Beverages (non-alcoholic), Meals, In-Field Trophy Care

Exclusions

Beverages (alcoholic), Charter Flight, Gratuities, License, Tags

Transportation

Day 1 – Fly to Kodiak City, AK. and overnight at The Best Western.

Day 2 – charter to vessel on Island Air (charter flight is included in hunt price)

Day 3-12 – hunt

Day 13 – charter back to Kodiak City where you will then fly to Anchorage. Once in Anchorage you can overnight or fly home

Hunt Style

Physical Level:

Easy: Somewhat easy walking when it comes to physicality. Minimal walking or hiking and terrain is very accessible. Mostly hunting from blinds or tree stands.

Moderate: Physicality is somewhat moderate to advanced. Spot and stalk method of hunting as well as some hunting from blinds. Terrain can vary from prairies to mountains at higher elevations.

Difficult: Requires an advanced degree of physical endurance. Terrain is typically more mountainous and hunting can take place at higher elevation.

Extreme: Most difficult and physically demanding hunts. Requires advanced to extreme endurance and terrain or game pursued may involve dangerous situations.

Difficult

Trip Requirements

All participants must read rules and regulations pertaining to method of take and be within the state/country’s guidelines. WTA is not responsible for failure to meet any state/country requirements.
wta-logo-horz-white
Find the outdoor adventure of a lifetime.

Our Location

Office Hours

Phone
Fax

PO Box 335
Sidney, NE 69162

Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm MST

Worldwide Trophy Adventures © 2022
   |   Terms & Conditions   |   Privacy

Request Info

Kodiak Brown Bear On Afognak Island
As a courtesy, we'll send you trip specials. Just the good stuff. Opt-out anytime.

Request Info

Kodiak Brown Bear On Afognak Island
As a courtesy, we'll send you trip specials. Just the good stuff. Opt-out anytime.