Wyoming Hunting Deadlines
Wyoming Hunting Information
- Point System: Wyoming has a modified preference point system in place for its elk, deer, antelope, moose, and sheep tags. For these species, 75% of the available tags will be allocated to applicants with maximum points. The remaining 25% of the tags will be allocated randomly among all remaining applicants. There is no point system in place for Mountain goat and bison – everyone’s chances are the same.
- License Purchase Yes/No: Upon drawing a tag, you are required to purchase a $16.50 Wyoming Conservation Stamp. Those wishing to hunt with archery equipment must also purchase a $30 Wyoming Archery Stamp.
- Party Applications: Up to six applicants may apply together for elk, deer, and antelope. Moose, sheep, mountain goat, and bison applications must be individual.
- Hunter’s Safety Card Requirement: Anyone born on or after January 1, 1966 must have a hunter’s safety card in their possession while afield.
- Youth: Applicants are required to be 11 years of age to apply as long as they turn 12 before the hunting season begins. Youth may apply for points only if they turn 12 on or before December 31 of the current application year.
Wyoming Point System
- Point System: Wyoming has a modified preference point system in place for its elk, deer, antelope, moose, and sheep tags. For these species, 75% of the available tags will be allocated to applicants with maximum points.
- The remaining 25% of the tags will be allocated randomly among all remaining applicants. There is no point system in place for Mountain goat and bison – everyone’s chances are the same.
- With four different application deadlines, applicants must really be paying attention when applying in Wyoming. Furthermore, when applying for elk, deer, and antelope, one must not only understand the attributes of each unit, they also need to weigh out the drawing odds between Wyoming’s Special vs. Regular tag. Finally, the applicant must take into consideration the drawing odds in the max point vs. random pool across all species. Bottom line, Wyoming can confuse even the most engaged of applicants. The TAGS program at Worldwide Trophy Adventures can save you time, frustration, and money when applying in Wyoming.
- The Cowboy state has it all: the greatest number of non-resident Rocky Mountain bighorn sheep tags issued annually, tremendous hunting for Shiras moose, mountain goat, and free range bison, good deer opportunities for both muley and whitetail, and completely awesome elk and antelope hunting.
- With such a confusing application process yet so much incredible opportunity, Wyoming is a must-apply state. The WTA TAGS service will not only correctly get you applied and building points for the future, we’ll also FLOAT the heavy non-resident tag fees on your behalf when submitting the application. We make it easy – just give our office a call today at 1-800-755-TAGS (8247) and be on your way to a brighter hunting future. And remember we’ll apply your children FREE OF CHARGE!
State Application Deadlines
January 31, 2020
Moose, Bighorn, Mountain Goat, Bison
February 28, 2020
March 31, 2020
June 1, 2020
November 2, 2020
Wyoming Tag Fees
TOTAL DUE TO WTA TAGS TO APPLY
$1218 or $642
$185 or $135
Elk (Point Only)
$622 or $334
$135 or $70
Mule Deer (Point Only)
$584 or $296
$115 or $100
Antelope (Point Only)
Moose (Point Only)
Rocky Mountain Bighorn
Rocky Mountain Bighorn (Point Only)
Draw your Wyoming hunting tag. Find the right Wyoming guide.
We partner with the best Wyoming outfitters to help you have the adventure of a lifetime.